Attorney Adam C. Bach
Trusted business litigation lawyer in North Carolina and South Carolina
Adam Bach of Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC has a well-earned reputation for successfully representing corporations and business professionals in complex commercial business litigation cases. In addition, he regularly serves as an acting outside general counsel for a wide range of business, including start-up businesses and some of the country’s largest corporations.
Adam’s practice areas as an attorney include a wide range of business litigation matters, including shareholder disputes, contract formation and litigation, renegotiating existing contracts, litigating shareholder disputes, legal cases involving minority shareholder rights and shareholder oppression, sales and the uniform commercial code, transportation, class action litigation, intellectual property and trademarks, trade secrets, employment, design and construction, business dissolution, real estate litigation, and bankruptcy and creditor’s rights. In addition to commercial and business litigation, Adam has experience representing companies involving in personal injury litigation and high exposure product liability cases.
Adam regularly works with a wide range of businesses, including manufacturers, hospitals, retail businesses, contractors, service providers and franchises. Adam’s areas of expertise continue to expand based such work. In each case, he works with companies and entrepreneurs to produce business-savvy, cost-effective solutions.
Adam also regularly represents governmental entities, advising on municipalities and other governmental entities in South Carolina and North Carolina on a wide range of liability cases, including 1983 claims, negligence claims, premises liability cases involving publicly owned spaces, and bad stop and false arrest cases.
Adam is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star since 2013. He was also selected by the Greenville Business Magazine as one of the Legal Elite of the Upstate and is a member of the Counsel on Litigation Management.
Education and Experience
Adam Bach is a 2002 graduate of Furman University and 2006 graduate of the University of South Carolina. He was admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 2006 and the North Carolina Bar in 2013. Adam graduated in the top 10 percent of his law school class, earning him admission into the Order of the Coif and Order of the Wig and Robe. He was also inducted in the Order of the Barristers for top appellate advocates and honorary John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court. He was a member of the South Carolina Moot Court team and a research editor for the American Bar Association’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal.
Other notable experiences include:
- Experience handling every phase of business cases. This includes discovery, trials, witness deposition and preparation, class action litigation, expert deposition, motion practice, issuing opinions to businesses and individuals on areas of business law, drafting contracts, operating agreements, and other business documents, and represented on cases appealed to State and Federal Courts.
- Successfully defending international website auction company against claims of unfair trade practices and breach of contract.
- Successfully representing start-up commercial contracting company in a case involving breach of covenant not to compete and claims of theft of trade secrets.
- Achieved summary judgment for distributor on claims pertaining to the sale of goods and Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code
- Achieved summary judgment for a minority shareholder and obtained a judicial accounting and payment of wrongfully withheld distributions
- Represented businesses in trademark proceedings before the USPTO and in federal court.
- Represented creditors in bankruptcy court.
- Achieved partial summary judgment on behalf of a grading contractor against negligence claims made by large national retailer.
- Achieved defense verdict for a police department on claims of false arrest and gross negligence.
- South Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Counsel of Litigation Management
Honors and Distinctions
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- Order of the Barristers
“Adam Bach is conscientious in preparing, analyzing, and keeping the client informed. He researches and understands the law, including its ambiguities and the elements of risk in litigation. I trust his judgment.”
– Former General Counsel, Governmental Entity