Dan Eller has practiced law in North Carolina since 2003 and South Carolina since 2004. Over that time, he has handled complex workers’ compensation cases in both states and has gained extensive experience before the North Carolina Industrial Commission as well as the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission. Dan is a Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation by the North Carolina State Bar.Email Dan
Kyra Hutchinson serves as a paralegal for Daniel B. Eller.
Education & Experience
Dan received his Juris Doctorate in 2003 from Campbell University. While in law school, Dan was selected for the Order of the Barristers, which is awarded to the top appellate advocates as determined by the Moot Court Bar. Dan also competed on several Moot Court teams, including the ABA National Team Competition, acted as research assistant on several North Carolina treatises, and was President of the Christian Legal Society.
Dan received his Bachelor of Arts from Erskine College in 2000. He received a number of honors while at Erskine, including the J.S. Moffatt Presidential Leadership Scholarship, the W. Lindsay Wilson Scholarship Award, the M. Stanyarne Bell Scholarship Awards, Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities, and was President of his Junior Class.
Notable experience includes:
- Exclusive attorney before North Carolina Industrial Commission for national trucking company and international construction company
- Represented self-insureds, high retention level, and fully insured employers in claims of injury by accident, occupational disease and repetitive trauma
- Conducted in excess of one hundred workers’ compensation mediations
- Performed site investigations, conducted depositions of medical expert witnesses, propounded and responded to discovery requests, took and defended party and fact witness depositions
- Defended regional subcontractor in products liability action in Asheville, North Carolina
- Represented large regional industrial contractor in payment dispute in a six day trial
- Experience in investigating construction claims, locating and preparing experts, deposing experts, conducting discovery and briefing and arguing motions.