How A Business Litigation Attorney Can Help
Learn more about the benefits of hiring a lawyer to resolve your legal matter
Many successful entrepreneurs and corporations know what it takes to run a successful business. That might explain why some professionals or corporations may be reluctant to seek assistance when they encounter a complex legal matter involving their business. Instead, many businesses may try to tackle such obstacles on their own.
But the reality is hiring an attorney who thoroughly understands this area of the law often makes smart business sense. You wouldn’t try to design your own building or operate on yourself. The same is true when it comes to hiring a lawyer. You want someone with the knowledge and the expertise to give your business an edge.
We understand what’s at stake at Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC. That’s why businesses and other law firms in South Carolina and North Carolina regularly rely on us to help them navigate their way through challenging business litigation issues. We know what to do because we have decades of experience. As a result, we’re familiar with the applicable state and federal rules and regulations governing such complex legal cases. You can count on us when it matters most.
Why should I hire a business litigation attorney?
There are many benefits to hiring a lawyer to help resolve your specific legal case. Some of the reasons why you should have a business litigation attorney on your side – and the qualities you should look for in a lawyer – include:
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws – Make sure the lawyer you hire thoroughly understands the state and federal laws that apply to your particular legal case. Experienced business litigation attorneys know the statutes and regulations inside out and can skillfully advise you based on the rules for your specific legal matter.
- Familiarity with legal system – Different courts (state, federal, bankruptcy, etc.) often have jurisdiction over different legal cases. Your lawyer should be familiar with all of them and have experience trying cases in the court deciding the fate of your case.
- Understanding of effective strategies – Just because one strategy works for one case doesn’t mean it will automatically work for other, similar cases. That’s why it’s important for your legal team to explore different, innovative approaches for resolving your legal matter. Whether it’s filing a lawsuit or working with a mediator or arbitrator, make sure your legal team understands your needs and works with you towards achieving your goals.
- Skilled negotiators – Often times, negotiating a settlement agreement between different parties involved in a business litigation dispute can be the best way to address everyone’s concerns. As a result, it’s important to have a lawyer who knows how to negotiate effectively with other companies and their attorneys.
- Fearless courtroom advocates – Sometimes, the best and only way to resolve a business dispute is to take legal action and try the case in court. Some law firms have more courtroom experience than others. When hiring a lawyer, ask them how many cases they have tried in court and whether they routinely prepare cases for trial if necessary.
- Deadline oriented – Strict deadlines often exist when it comes to legal matters involving businesses. If you miss such deadlines, you could miss your opportunity for success. Make sure your lawyer knows the deadlines that apply to your particular case, whether it’s filing certain forms on time or adhering to applicable statute of limitation laws.
- Cost conscious – Legal costs can quickly spiral out of control, particularly when it comes to complex business litigation cases. Many law firms are aware of this and work with clients to keep legal fees reasonable and develop cost-effective solutions.
- Results oriented – It’s not enough just to work hard. Results matter, especially when it comes to legal cases involving businesses and corporations. If you don’t get the result that’s right for your business, your company’s financial future or its assets could be placed at risk.
All these factors – and many more – need to be taken into consideration when hiring an attorney to represent you or your business. That’s why it’s important to ask questions when meeting with a lawyer for the first time. You worked hard to build your business or your professional career. Your attorney should bring the same tenacity, dedication and attention to detail when handling your legal case.
Put your trust in a law firm that puts your needs first
There’s a reason why our law firm has such a well-earned reputation among business professionals and other law firms in South Carolina and North Carolina. Our team of attorneys consistently delivers measurable results in challenging legal cases. We don’t back down from tough cases. We thrive on them – and we have the results and testimonials to prove it.
Each case often presents its own, unique challenges. We take the time to analyze the issues affecting your business. That way, we can create a custom-designed strategy that addresses your specific legal needs. We’re also aware of the financial pressures often facing many businesses. That’s why you can trust us to only bill you for the hours necessary. We respect your time and your money.
Get the law firm that gets results. Contact us and schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. We have three office locations conveniently located in South Carolina and North Carolina.