Trade Secret Litigation Attorneys
We can assist your company with your trade secret dispute
Some of the most complicated intellectual property disputes involve business trade secrets. Companies carefully conceal the details of such valuable assets since they often give a business a decisive, competitive advantage.
That’s why it’s critical that businesses take strong legal action if company trade secrets have been stolen or misappropriated by another company without authorization. That’s why our attorneys at Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC want to meet with you.
We have worked with a wide range of businesses of all sizes in many industries on such complex cases in South Carolina and North Carolina. As a result, we thoroughly understand the applicable state and federal laws governing trade secret violations, including the Lanham Act, also known as the Trademark Act of 1946. We have the knowledge and the expertise you need to succeed.
What are common trade secret cases?
Business litigation cases involving trade secrets can cover a wide range, from anything such as a company’s client list, computer program or a secret formula for a consumer product. In particular, such legal cases often involve:
- Trade secret misappropriation – Also sometimes referred to as “trade secret infringement,” such cases often involve a former employee or another company obtaining or sharing a trade secret without authorization.
- Violation of non-disclosure agreement – Many companies require employees who work with sensitive, proprietary information to sign non-disclosure agreements, which prevent employees from sharing or selling such information to other businesses.
- Unauthorized use of trade secrets – Cases involving companies that used trademarked or proprietary information without the consent of the company that owns the rights to such trade secrets.
- Theft of trade secrets – Among the most complex and contentious legal disputes, these cases involve the outright theft of trade secrets by another company or another individual.
Trade secret cases can be complex legal matters. That’s why it’s critical that your company consults with an experienced attorney familiar with the applicable state and federal laws. Otherwise, your valued trade secrets could be used without authorization and without compensating your company.
What options exist for resolving such cases?
There are often several solutions for resolving trade secret disputes. Some of these options include:
- Issue a cease and desist order to the company or individual using your trade secrets without authorization.
- Obtain a financial settlement from the company that used your trade secret without authorization, with the understanding that the other company will no longer use your proprietary information.
- File a lawsuit or take other legal action against the business or individual using your company’s trade secret without authorization.
These are just a few of the options available to companies involved in a trade secret dispute. In each case, the remedy for such a dispute can vary widely. That’s because the particular circumstances for each dispute are often unique. Experienced attorneys well versed in this area of the law understand what’s at stake and can advise you on the best course of action.
How our law firm can help you
Our law firm understands the urgency and the importance of such legal matters. The more time that goes by that another company or individual has misappropriated valuable trade secrets, the greater the potential negative impact on your business.
As your legal team, we can act decisively in pursuit of a positive outcome to your dispute. Whether it’s negotiating with the at-fault party or preparing your case for trial, you can count on our dedicated attorneys to build a strong, persuasive legal case.
Put your trust in a law firm committed to pursuing the right result for your business. Contact us and schedule an appointment at one of our three office locations in South Carolina and North Carolina.