Insurance Policy Disputes
Our attorneys defend the rights of insurance companies
Disputes between insurance companies and policyholders sometimes result in lawsuits or other types of litigation involving both parties. When this happens, it’s critical that insurance companies have an experienced attorney on their side to build the strongest possible legal case.
Our lawyers at Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC have years of experience representing insurance companies involved in disputes with policyholders or other insurance companies. Such experience has earned our firm the right to represent many insurance companies as an insurance panel defense counsel.
Learn more about your legal options and the rights of insurance companies in such disputes. Schedule an appointment with a lawyer at our firm. We represent clients throughout in South Carolina and North Carolina.
What are common insurance policy disputes?
Insurance policy disputes can cover a wide range. Some of the most common – and most complicated – disputes involving insurance companies include:
- Policyholder rejects insurance settlement offer.
- Policyholder files a lawsuit against insurance company, including legal cases involving:
- General liability claims (wide range of legal cases often involving legal action filed against a business)
- Bad faith insurance claims (allegations that an insurance company did not act in the best interests of a policyholder)
- Breach of contract cases (allegations that an insurance company violated the contractual terms of an insurance policy)
- First party property claims (legal cases involving a policyholder (the first party) and an insurance company (the second party))
- Third party insurance claims (legal cases involving an insurance company and someone other than a policyholder)
These are just a small sample of some of the legal cases involving insurance providers. Whatever the nature of the legal matter facing your insurance company, it’s important to consult with an experienced attorney as soon as possible to explore the different legal options available in your specific circumstance.
How are such disputes resolved?
There are often many different ways insurance companies can resolve disputes involving policyholders or other insurance companies. Some of the methods for resolving such disputes include:
- Make a settlement offer to a policyholder or another insurance company.
- Hire a mediator or arbitrator to resolve the dispute.
- Defend the insurance company’s actions in court, particularly if a lawsuit has been filed against the insurance company.
In each one of these scenarios – and many more – an attorney familiar with the applicable state and federal rules and regulations governing insurance companies can mount a strong defense on behalf of the insurance company. That’s why it’s important to talk to an experienced lawyer familiar with this area of the law.
What role does a lawyer play in such disputes?
An attorney well versed in insurance law can make sure an insurance company’s best interests are taken into account when dealing with insurance policy disputes. Some of the different ways a lawyer can assist in such disputes include:
- Make sure insurance company is in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Analyze policyholder’s insurance policy from a legal standpoint.
- Review formal offers from other insurance companies.
- Work with insurance company to draft a settlement offer.
Skilled insurance defense attorneys work in partnership with insurance companies, enhancing their ability to resolve disputes in a timely, cost-effective manner. That’s why it’s important for insurance companies to choose an attorney who will put the insurance company’s best interests first and explore every opportunity.
Take decisive legal action. Contact our law firm
The stakes can be very high when it comes to disputes between insurance companies and policyholders. Thousands or even millions of dollars could be at stake. That’s why it’s critical that insurance companies work with a skilled lawyer who knows how to handle such situations.
Our dedicated legal team has a strong track record of success. We know how to create or analyze legal documents involved in such disputes. We’re also familiar with the legal system and process for resolving such disputes in a favorable manner.
Don’t underestimate the legal complexity of your insurance policy dispute. Contact our law firm and learn more about the legal options available for your insurance company. We have three office locations in South Carolina and North Carolina.