Insurance Company Claims
Our workers’ compensation attorneys get results
Workers’ compensation claims are covered by insurance policies purchased by employers. However, claims can be complicated and claimants may seek benefits beyond those they are eligible to receive. That’s why it’s important to have experienced legal representation to limit liability and protect your organization.
The experienced workers’ compensation defense attorneys at Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC defend insurance carriers of employers throughout North Carolina and South Carolina. We understand the potential financial impact of a workers’ compensation claim and can design a legal strategy to help you reach a favorable outcome.
Committed to achieving measurable results
Our attorneys carefully examine the claim for benefits and thoroughly review all options for reaching a cost-effective resolution. Every case is different, but generally our legal team can:
- Assess the claim for benefits to determine if it is valid. Our team checks to verify if proper procedures were followed, the correct forms were submitted and that reporting deadlines were met.
- Investigate accident sites, gather evidence and review accident reports.
- Conduct depositions of witnesses to the accident.
- Conduct depositions of medical experts who can provide information on the nature of the injury and expectations for recovery.
- Calculate the appropriate amount of weekly benefits.
- Carefully monitor the injured employee’s recovery and advise clients when termination of benefits is justified.
- Handle subrogation liens.
- Represent clients at mediation hearings.
- Represent clients at hearings before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission or North Carolina Industrial Commission.
- File appeals of unfavorable rulings and defend against claimant appeals.
- Negotiate a favorable settlement with claimant’s counsel.
- Represent clients in court challenges as needed.
Our firm handles cases involving a wide range of workers’ compensation issues, including back injuries, head injuries, occupational disease, exposure claims, death claims and disputes involving medical treatment or employment classification. We research each case and can help you determine how best to proceed.
The attorneys at Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC are focused on getting the right results for our client. We understand the concerns of insurance carriers and the urgency of addressing such claims. We don’t bill for unnecessary hours. Instead, we focus on working strategically and efficiently to develop solutions, no matter how complicated or challenging the case.
Helping clients find solutions to legal issues
Our firm was founded in Greenville, SC in 2011 by workers’ compensation attorney Daniel B Eller. Attorney Eller has extensive experience in workers’ compensation defense in North Carolina and South Carolina. He is a Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation by the North Carolina State Bar.
We’ve grown over the years, and we now have multiple attorneys working in three office locations – Greenville, Charlotte, North Carolina and Charleston, South Carolina. But our commitment to clients remains the same. We are focused on helping clients facing legal challenges find solutions.
Our attorneys have experience representing insurance carriers in workers’ compensation cases involving many types of workplaces and industries. We are dedicated to providing measurable results. Contact us to discuss how we can help with the processing of a workers’ compensation claim. We can get right to work reviewing the claim and present your company with options for moving forward.