Third Party Administrators
Experienced workers’ compensation defense attorneys
When a claim for workers’ compensation is filed, it goes to the employer’s insurance company for processing. But in many cases, claims are handled by third party administrators contracted by the insurance company. These administrators are charged with making difficult decisions that are financially responsible.
The experienced workers’ compensation defense attorneys at Eller Tonnsen Bach, LLC represent third party administrators in North Carolina and South Carolina. We understand the unique position of our clients and the challenges they face when processing claims. We work with them to find solutions that meet their needs.
We help resolve complicated claims
A workers’ compensation claim can involve back injuries, head injuries, occupational diseases, exposure to toxic chemicals and other health issues. There may be disputes about causation, medical treatment or employment classification. Processing claims can be very complicated, especially if the claimant has legal representation.
That’s why it’s important to have an experienced attorney to help you navigate the process. We work quickly and efficiently to understand the issues involved and craft a legal strategy that can lead to the best possible outcome. Our goal in each situation is to get measurable results that control costs and manage risk.
As needed, our attorneys can:
- Assess the validity of an initial claim, ensuring that all rules were following and filing deadlines met.
- Calculate weekly benefits (including temporary total disability, temporary partial disability, permanent partial disability and death benefits).
- Investigate accident sites.
- Investigate medical histories.
- Coordinate independent medical examinations.
- Conduct depositions of accident witnesses.
- Conduct depositions of medical experts.
- Monitor compliance with medical treatment.
- Pursue termination of benefits.
- Represent your interests in mediation hearings.
- Represent your interests before the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission or North Carolina Industrial Commission.
- Negotiate settlements.
- Represent your interests in court proceedings.
Workers’ compensation cases can be complicated but our approach is straightforward. We offer clients individualized attention to determine their goals and design a legal strategy that meets their needs. Our attorneys work toward the best possible resolution, whether that’s through mediation, arbitration, negotiation or litigation.
The experience that gets results for clients
Firm founder Daniel B. Eller has extensive experience handling workers’ compensation defense cases in North Carolina and South Carolina. He is a Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation by the North Carolina State Bar. Attorney Eller has represented national corporations and small businesses.
Our law firm has grown and now includes a team of attorneys in three office locations – Greenville, South Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina and Charleston, South Carolina. Our attorneys are ready to help third party administrators resolve complex legal issues in workers’ compensation cases.
We offer clients a big firm experience with small firm values. We understand the needs and challenges of third party administrators, so we don’t waste time or resources. Our attorneys get right to work on your case and research the claim so we can offer effective legal advice. We’re committed to helping you find the best solutions.
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation to discuss the workers’ compensation claim you are processing and learn more about how we can help.